Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Old lady names — with a twist

It's time for some more old lady names! Instead of putting these names head to head, face to face, toe to toe, or what have you (I never realized how many body-part phrases there are like that), I thought I would put all of the latest old lady names in one big list so you can enjoy them all at once. They are a wonder. Some names we've had before, but these are the ones I had to choose between this round. We had some real doozies this time.

But the twist is this. I have put in 5 fake old lady names, ones I just made up, but the rest are bonafide, published names. So the game now is to see if you can pick out the infiltrators. Good luck!

Athra
Leatrice
Florice
Melva
Arthel
LaRee
Elma
Reva
Gertrude
Verna
Zelma
Veva
El Jean
Tecla
Verla
Velna
Ulna
LaVon
Wilma
Erna
Una
Lula

So leave me a comment with your guesses about the 5 fake old lady names. And tell me which name is the worst of the worst.


5 comments:

  1. Arthel is the worst.

    Guesses for the fakies: Tecla, El Jean, Athra, Una, and Veva.

    I recently did a post about names in my family tree. Some bad ones (these are OLD names) Hextilda, Myorg, Ethalreda, and Kunigunda. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess Athra, Elma, Tecla and Ulna. I can't pick out a fifth one. I'd like to think El Jean is fake, but it just might be bad enough to be real!! Watch out here comes the Jean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ulna--you can NOT be named after a bone.
    Zelma
    Florice
    Tecla--just because I pray it's one of them
    Una
    Veva

    Worst: Una, if it's real.

    lol'ing at Lara's names. Hextilda?? Awes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I will say that I wrote down my guesses BEFORE reading any other comments, so I'm not "copying" anyone! (I'm also writing my comment before reading any other comments, so I'm not tempted to cheat!) Anyway, I think/hope that the fake names are: Ulna (that's a bone in the forearm, if my 9th grade Health class serves me well), Tecla, LaRee, El Jean and Velna. As for the "worst of the worst" it depends on which ones are fake. But if Tecla is real, I would have to vote for that. Athra and Arthel are also on my "blech" list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. Thanks for the guesses. I'm seriously laughing at "THE Jean!" And Lara, wow. How old are those names? Hextilda sounds like she belongs to a clan, and Myorg belongs in a cave. So crazy.

    And wouldn't you like to know the REAL fake ones? Just kidding. I'll try to post them today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete