Thursday, April 19, 2012

Annacdotes 22


1. One day during spring break, we had a game marathon. What was the game at the top of Anna's list all day? House. I was très confused and kept suggesting others. Finally I said, "Isn't this just like real life? I'm the mom and you're the kid?" But then she told me she wanted to pretend to be a dog and I would be the owner. We played a lot of fetch while I read the newspaper, and she loved it.

2. One Friday, Anna was getting ready to go to her weekly playgroup, and she said, "Boy, I feel like it was just yesterday that I went to playgroup." What a little adult, chatting about how fast time flies. I said, "I know. This week went by fast." Then she said, "And I'll feel that way tomorrow, too!" It honestly took me a few seconds to even process what she meant, it was that brilliant. In case you're as slow as I was, she meant that, tomorrow, it will seem like playgroup was just yesterday — because it was.

3. This is what I found one day in the notes app on my phone.



(Don't be distracted by the personal information I had to blur out, but the spider bit? Amahzing.)

4. Anna caught on to people gesturing their own quote marks to things when they speak, so she started to do it too. But of course she added her own flourish. When she does it, she does both hands together over to one side. I don't know why she does it like this, but it is extra cute this way.

5. Anna came out of the pantry with a paper bowl and a bag of fruit snacks, mere minutes after we had just discussed having lunch soon. Slightly astonished, I said, "Are you going to eat those?" Like it should be obvious, she said, "No, I'm going to glue these onto the bowl so I can have a lickable hat."


6. In a recent prayer: "I hope I can strengthen my family by adding more people to it so that we can create more love." So cute, but it was also nice knowing that words said in Primary actually made it into her brain. Sometimes you wonder about kids these days.

7. One night after getting Anna all ready for bed, she said, "Ha! Guess what you forgot but I remembered?" Turns out, I had forgotten to take her hair out of whatever creation it had been that day. Really playing it up, she teased and acted like it was the worst thing in the world. But what the worst thing actually was caught me off guard. She said, with much pretend contempt, "Ugh. I hate it when I know forgetters."


Anna's first lunch at school, to get ready for first grade. Cue freak out.

1 comment:

  1. obviously i love all of these but obviously my favorite is a.spider.can.hurt.you. So awesome.

    Actually that one ties with the lickable hat.

    ReplyDelete