Friday, June 3, 2011

Who does Anna look like?


When I was pregnant, we thought for sure Anna would be a shoo-in as a toe head, just like both of her parents were as kids. (Our ultra blond hair was seriously more white than blond, sometimes.) But I guess we underestimated the redhead gene recessing its way through both of our families, though, because out came Anna with hair that was a delightful combination of the two colors — an authentic strawberry blond.

But what about the rest of her features? She's a bit of a mystery to me. But before I share my opinion on who she looks like, I'll show you some pictures and let you decide for yourselves.

Does Anna . . .

(a picture, just in case you've forgotten what she looks like)
a close-up to help you make your decision

. . . look more like her dad . . .




or her mom?

Yep, that's right. That IS a cabbage patch kid on my shirt.

So what do you think? Let's put it to a vote.

Here's what I think. I see similarities from both sides, but I think, on the whole, Anna looks like Trevor or at least his side of the family. I can see it a lot in this picture of the two of them (nevermind that they're sitting in the mouth of a blowup dragon):

Anyway, Anna especially looks like his two sisters, I think, who also happen to be redheads. But every once in a while, Anna will get a look on her face that kind of reminds me of myself.

I've seen these looks on her face several times.


For anyone who has been privy to Anna's "nostril face," I believe we can see partly where it came from. I don't know if I should be proud or not.

Okay, the nostril face AND this face:

See a resemblance?

6 comments:

  1. I think her mouth is very Trevor - especially in that second picture of him (in the plaid shirt).

    The eyes, however, are 100% Ashley. I've always thought that.

    As far as the nostril face goes.... how could you NOT be proud of that? It makes me laugh so hard.

    P.S. That first picture of her - is it just me or does she have totally adult proportions (arm length, torso length)?? I'm freaking out a bit because she so doesn't look like a little child. Am I crazy? Have her arms grown significantly since I saw her last? Good golly, if I'm getting worked up over Anna, what am I going to do when my OWN children start to grow up??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, we've never met. (Funny story, I was cleaning out a drawer and ran across your wedding invite the other day...) I have seen you in pictures, but I have never seen you in live action. I do know the Banks family though. My thought as I started reading this post was that Anna doesn't exactly look like Trevor per se, but does resemble his side of the family. And then you said the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I see you in there sometimes.. more in expressions and mannerisms perhaps. But she's probably more Banks on the surface (except for the nostriles of course)

    Love those old pics. 3 cheers for that shiny coat. What i wouldn't give for that right now (and some rainbow moon boots)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I should do is post pictures of Trevor's sisters, if I had any, and then you'd be able to see. But yeah, I think we're both in there somewhere.

    And Melissa, I can totally see what you're saying about Anna's adult-like proportions in the first picture. (Also, as a side note, you may have to actually like children before you have any of your own to get worked up over. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ME! ME! ME! ME! She looks like me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete