Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another Anna-ism

There's a book we have that's full of pictures of all different kinds of animals dressed as people. Since Anna's a master at animal noises, we like to go through the book and point to all the animals and hear her make the noises. One day when we were reading it, I pointed to a horse and she gave a resounding "Neeeiiigghhhh." Perfect. I pointed to a pig and she said, "Mama." Excuse me? We tried again and again and it always came out "Mama." I'm pretty sure I accused Trevor right away of teaching her to identify pigs as mama, but he denied it. So that led to a lot of jokes at my expense. Ha ha. I'm a big fat pig. Ha ha ha. I thought that maybe Anna thought the pig was a mama because the pig is wearing a dress, but that was just probably wishful thinking...

But then the other day I got my revenge. I was reading the Ensign when Anna wanted to sit on my lap. I picked her up and pointed out some pictures on the page I was reading. All on her own, she pointed to a picture of President Benson and said, "Dad." Ha.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha. trevor looks OLD! just kidding. well, if you're going to be mistaken for someone, Pres. Benson isn't bad. I wouldn't mind. "why thank you," i'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, Trevor will "spin" it to his advantage - something like, "Hey, she's a pure, innocent child who recognizes spiritual greatness when she sees it!"

    As for the pig, I honestly can't think of a good spin for that one - I would suggest that perhaps Anna needs glasses! She's obviously not seeing things right!

    ReplyDelete