Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tis the season . . .

. . . to be baking. I present to you the results of Cookie Day 2011:



(clockwise from the top: chocolate caramel thumbprint, raspberry shortbread, chocolate-caramel-peanut-butter-covered pretzel, a caramel, and apricot and black raspberry rugelach)

It sort of looks the same as last year, but that's because we have some returning favorites. Cookie Day would not be Cookie Day without the rugelach and the caramels.

It was a good day. It's always exhausting (I swear I was stirring that caramel for an hour), but it's also such a fun tradition. And there are more sweet treats on my list that I didn't even get to. We might need a Part 2 this year.

Normally a fan of anything sweet, Anna was feeling under the weather today and she wasn't really into eating nine pounds of sugar. But we did get an excellent quote out of her: Mid-hug, she said to Stephanie, "You know what the best kind of sweet is? Love and kindness."

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing. If you do another cookie day can I come please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so gross. *cries to self*

    ReplyDelete