Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cookie Day 2010

Cookie Day has been a December tradition of ours for the past few years. My sister Stephanie and I instituted it as an excuse to make fancy holiday cookies and candy that we normally wouldn't make. We do it all on one day and blast Christmas music while we're baking, and it's good times. Sometimes we give the treats away, sometimes we keep some for ourselves.

Here are the results this year:

You can click on the photo to zoom in. And you can see three different reflections of me taking the picture. Merry Christmas to you.

And we have...
an Andes Mint cookie (the mint is melted inside—super delish)
Black Raspberry and Apricot Rugelach, respectively (a serbian/Jewish pastry that is completely addicting)
Raspberry Chocolate French Macaroon
Chocolate-dipped Coconut Macaroon
Pecan Goody Cup
Peanut Butter Truffle
and a homemade caramel

Does the fact that they're on a silver platter make them seem fancier? I thought so.

Here's a side view so you can get a better look.


And they're in a different order, but whatever you do, don't get confused.

So are you insanely jealous? Jealous that you haven't gained 5 pounds this week? I thought so.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! And you're right - it's hard to convince myself to make a huge mess for a single extravagant cookie, but doing them all together is the perfect plan! You are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you, Melissa. :D

    Oh man... I feel like I need to hook up to an IV of straight V8 now, though. That's the price I pay for such brilliance.

    ReplyDelete