Saturday, January 29, 2011

Annacdotes 14

I love this picture because it totally captured her one crazy hazel eye. Usually it's hard to spot.
1. A while ago, when Anna was in the bathtub, she said, "I better learn how to swim so I'll know what to do when I get baptized." I laughed right out loud. It was so out of the blue and she was so matter of fact that I had to write it down right then.

Also, and this has happened several times, after we shampooed her hair, Anna asked for a squirt of the "air conditioner" next. The bathtub must be a hotbed of Annaisms. I should keep her in there all day.

2. In a recent prayer, Anna said, "Please bless everyone in the entire world, even everyone in the whole university." The university of . . . mankind?

3. Anna found a whole nutmeg on the kitchen counter and picked it up to inspect it. She asked what it was and then licked it (!) before I even turned around to answer. When I told her it was nutmeg and what it was used for, she said with a grimace, "Blech. That didn't taste very good. Maybe it was a rotten egg nut." To her credit, that's exactly how it looks.

The best squishy face I've ever seen—it even looks like she has real old-lady wrinkles.

4. In a list of things she was thankful for in yet another recent prayer, Anna said, "we are thankful for manners" and "we are thankful for the number of people on the earth, which is 6 billion." Needless to say, I was laughing by the end. We are indeed thankful for manners, and I like that she chose to add a few facts in with everything, to kind of mix it up a bit.

5. In the car on our way home the other day, Anna was rummaging around in my purse looking for a snack. I had some raisins in there, but she couldn't find them. Mumbling to herself absentmindedly, she said, "If I don't find these raisins . . . I'm gonna . . . I'm gonna punch myself in the face." When I laughed out loud, she said, "Don't laugh! I mean it for real lives!"

6. One day, something that Anna called "scary news" happened and she called out "Yokes!" It made me laugh, and she has since used other vowel variations on the word "yikes." And I love it. I have also heard "yeeks" and "yakes," and I laugh every time. I love that it comes out when I least expect it and that it's totally a joke and not a mistake. She's purposefully changing it just for fun.

HAPPY



WINTER

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious that she's thankful for manners. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that her prayers are also informative! Think of the variety that would be added to our days if we needed to come up with random facts to include in our prayers! :-) What a gem you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know nutmeg is a very potent hallucinogen. Glad it was rotten with no ill side effects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Aren't we all thankful for manners? And nutmeg, for that matter, but she hasn't been praying about that. :D Oh, I love that girl.

    ReplyDelete