Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010: The Year in Pictures

I love a good photo essay. But the real challenge here was finding pictures I hadn't already posted and blogged about before. Sometimes I felt like I was scraping the bottom of the barrel and then sometimes it was hard to narrow it down to just one photo per month, so I put in a few extra. So sue me.

Also, taking a look at all of these photos reaffirms my belief that I need to get better at having people take my picture. I'm always the one behind the camera and, if I'm not careful, a few years down the road 2010 might seem like a complete blank where it looks like Anna, the little urchin, was raising herself.

Anyway, that's enough talk. Here is a snapshot (pun totally intended) of our year.

January

February
A tea party with Anna and her two apparently skeptical cousins.

March
Loved the giant March snowstorm and our homemade sledding hill.

April
At the aquarium in Sandy. Kind of dark, but I like that you can see the cute little penguin behind us.
My sister Jen and Anna (this was the day she requested four braids) standing by the pyranhas. I took Anna's picture in front of these and the giant anaconda so that, in case we decide on either as a nickname for her, we'll be ready.

May
At Anna's preschool graduation. She threw up the night before but nothing could keep her from going to her graduation. Poor thing, she's Pasty City. But still totally adorable.
And I had to document the whole outfit that Aunt Steph brought from Paris. Tres cute.

These are the totally awesome lollipop cookies we took to the graduation. Besides looking radical, they tasted good too—but preschoolers care less about that.

June
A trip to Bear Lake with two of my brothers and their families. 
 



Couldn't resist posting this one, the little cuties. Sophie and Max are 4 days apart, but Max looks about 4 times more annoyed by the ride on the pedal bike.

July

August
The reading begins. Okay, so she's not really reading the comics here, but it sure looks cute while she's eating. What a little adult.

September
Painted faces after the Diabetes Walk for cousin Grace (the ferocious tiger in the middle).


More painted cousins. I love the face on Morgan in the middle. Little grumpypuss.

October
Our obligatory fall trip to the farm/pumpkin patch.

A facial expression only a mother could love. She's still adorable, though, in her own "special" way. And that sunset was amazing.
They had this big white slide where you slide down on gunny sacks (or what Anna calls "brown towels"), and it was actually pretty steep. I'll admit that my stomach dropped a little when I got to the top and looked down. But after one ride together, Anna was pretty fearless and took several more solo trips. Nevermind that she looks asleep in this picture. That's just the excitement showing.
The awesome rubber tire horse swings that were made for people half my size . . . children, you might say.






November
Post-smoothie mustache AND unibrow. She takes her breakfast very seriously.

December
Loved opening up the coat closet to see this. Check out the size of those boots.

4 comments:

  1. Ashley, you really must stop making colorful lollypop cookies for events because you're making all the other moms who just threw together a batch of chocolate chip cookies (or, worse yet, picked up a package of Oreos on their way to the graduation) feel really super lame! Also, Anna just gets more and more adorable. We NEED to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, those cookies are delightfulness. i also love closet girl.

    word verification: hookess. yipes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Sandra. If you really knew the truth. My lollipop cookies were actually upstaged at the graduation by what are called "playdough" cupcakes, I believe. They were also made with bright rainbow colors, but these had frosting—something our cookies lacked.

    But of course I wasn't going to post all that for everyone to read. :D That would totally ruin the facade of perfection I have going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet look back. I need to be all hip and do this for my blog but then I think how tired and lazy I feel at this direct moment and my motivation just ... fades ... away. She is really cute, by the way. One day, I shall meet her.

    ReplyDelete