Thursday, July 9, 2009

Strawberry sensation

So Anna loves strawberries. Always has. She LOVES to eat them and asks for them at least daily. She requested a strawberry cake for her birthday weeks in advance, without any parental suggestion at all, and it's also her favorite kind of ice cream. It's nearing an obsession.

Here's the pretty cake I made. It was pretty, alright, but I didn't think the taste was fantastic. But Anna didn't mind. (I actually think she only ate her ice cream. Nice.)

My pretty girl with her pretty cake.

For her birthday, my sister Jen sent her a cute old-school strawberry shortcake summer dress (so adorable) and material to make a strawberry pillow, which she purchased off of ebay, I believe. It was such a fun present.

Now, the pillow material was also rather vintage. It was made in 1980, and when I ironed it before I sewed it together, it emitted a smell of pure Old Lady's House. But that only added to the fun.

Making it was really pretty simple. The material came with lines printed on it so you knew where to cut it out.
Anna needed to help.

And then I just sewed around the edges, snipped a few places after I realized it was incredibly misshapen once I turned it inside out, and then we stuffed it and sewed up the bottom. Viola!

Love the tongue.


And trying to eat it. Can't you see the obsession written in her glazed eyes? I told you so.

4 comments:

  1. SO cute! i love reading your blog ashley1

    ReplyDelete
  2. great, now everyone knows how cheap i am. ;) vintage is right. and who doesn't love the musty old lady house smell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birtrhday Anna! What a cute strawberry cake and pillow! Keaton loves strawberries too. :)

    ReplyDelete