Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Steph!

Me and Steph. This picture was taken ages ago, but it's still cute, especially in a neither-of-us-look-like-that-anymore way.

Stephanie is my sister and today is her birthday. In her honor, here is a list of things I love about her. I could have gone on and on, but I had to limit myself.

10 Things I Love About Steph
1. Her passion. She feels strongly about most everything, and it's usually (he he) about all the right things. She has much devotion and integrity, this one, and I have always admired that about her.
2. Her love of all things France. She has been to France, like, a hundred times and usually comes back with a fun shirt or three for me and is always willing to share her chocolate or day-old pan au chocolat. I also love that she totally opens up her predominantly French wardrobe to me any time there's a need. Her enthusiasm for France is definitely catching.
3. That we started a Christmas Cookies and Candies baking day tradition a few years ago. I love that day.
My other sister Jen and Steph, showing the results of their baking day the Christmas I was away in Poland.
4. That we also made it a tradition a long time ago to do mildly rebellious things whenever our parents went out of town, like dye Jen's hair or buy lots of chips, gummies, and donuts at the store and watch a movie. (Hellions, I know.)
5. That she has a secret crush on Steve Perry's voice.
6. That we can always share a love of Willy Wonka, Pretty in Pink (a.k.a. Pudding and What?) North (12th? West? Remember when we couldn't remember the name?) Avenue Irregulars, P & P, Gilmore Girls, Friends, Charmed, and many other classic shows. I also love that when Jen and I were at BYU and Steph lived in Provo, she would totally make us dinner once a week on Thursdays and we'd eat, laugh, and watch Friends together. Those nights, when we were away from school and filling our bellies with good food, were absolutely heavenly.
7. I love that we can bond over our naturally curly hair and empathize when the other is caught in the rain and suffers from chia hair.
8. That she has her own brownie recipe totally memorized and that they are some of the world's finest.
9. That she's like the best aunt ever. She LOVES her nieces and nephews and always spends so much quality time with them, reading to them, laughing, and teaching them all sorts of silly yet delightful things. Everyone loves Steph.
10. Umbrellas. (That one's just for you.)

Love you, Steph! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Aww....shucks. Thanks Ash. You're the best. And Darius Rucker back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here. Or is that hear, hear. What is that?! Anyway, Steph's the best. Happy birthday Steph. Can I wish someone a happy birthday through someone else's blog? Sure I can.

    ReplyDelete