Friday, January 30, 2009

"Annacdotes"

1. The other day, Anna was playing with my hair and pretended to take a bite out of it.
"I ate your hair," she said.
"You did?" I asked. "Did it taste good?"
"Yeah."
"What did it taste like?" I asked.
"Um . . . it was crumterble." (Her word for "comfortable.")

That cracked me up. So funny in a nonsensical way.

2. When she counts, Anna gets all the way to 11 and then says, "fourteen, sixteen, twelve, thirteen, and eleventeen!" As though that's what she was always aiming for.

3. At the end of her bath the other night, to encourage her to exit the bath happily (she could spend all day in the bath if I let her), we said goodbye to each one of her toys as we dried them off. I said, "See you later, bottle." She one-upped me and said, "See you later, bottle. Enjoy!"

4. I know I already blogged about Anna's word for glove (glub), but it's still on my list of favorites. Joining the list tonight is "finnder" (finger) and "thumteem" (something). Adorable. I have to make a concerted effort to not squeeze her to death when she comes up to me and says things like, "Mom, I need to tell you thumteem."

3 comments:

  1. 1) i love the title of this post.

    2) her counting reminds me of my version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, aka the song that never ends.

    3) glub is so awesome. Never teach her the right word.

    4) thumteem is equally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it even possible that there could be a cuter, more intelligent, charming child than our Anna Summertime!?! Hard to imagine! (Of course, considering the two parents she has, I am not really that surprised that she is turning out the way she is!) I love reading about all the fun things she does! Makes you all seem not quite so far away! — Sandra

    ReplyDelete