Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snippets of our trip to Utah

And now for the holiday post, as promised, if not fashionably late.

So looking back at the pictures I took in Utah, I realized that I took very few and very random pictures over our 10-day trip. Here is basically all I have for your viewing pleasure, which will tell about our holiday there.

Playing Rock Band at Trevor's parents' home. (Don't you love how Anna's playing the drums AND the tamborine, all while she's on the phone?)

Anna with the other Banks grandkids: Jedrik and twins Brayden and Xiomara.

There was so much snow! Flying home to Utah for Christmas did my heart good. I walked out into the cold after we arrived and yelled (in my head), "Now, THIS is winter! THIS is Christmas!" It felt so good to me. I tried to tell myself that the holiday was about more than the weather, but the snow still made my Christmas complete.

Trevor's brother Devan, my bumble-of-snow-clothes daughter, and Trevor

eating the snow, of course

Aunt Steph reading and acting out Little Red Riding Hood with the coolest doll ever, with Anna and some Scoresby cousins

It's a bit blurry, but you can see that it was quite the attraction. I love how Anna's palling around with Aiden in both pictures. I didn't even notice that before.

Anna on Christmas morning with the little kitchen Trevor's mom (and dad and brother) MADE. It's truly AMAZING. They're amazing. Grandma and Great Grandma stocked it with pots and pans and food aplenty. Anna started washing her hands in the little sink while it was still half-covered in wrapping paper. She absolutely loves it.

A random picture with Aunt Steph. Cute stuff.

And that's it. I told you they were random. We had a wonderful time, running all over creation to see friends, buy last-minute presents, make Christmas cookies and caramels with Steph, dye my hair AGAIN, and hit the Utah Big Lots. But most of all, we loved spending time with our families. Our Polish Christmas last year will never be forgotten, but this year it was so nice to be back with family . . . and in lots and lots of glorious snow.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think anyone will wonder if she has any other aunts and uncles? I mean, I'm fine with being #1 but if someone else wanted to get in on the Aunt/Uncle action, I will gladly make room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Steph and Anna looks staged, like it's in the opening credits of an 80's sitcom or something. Too bad Steph's hand isn't a gun or it would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete