Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reasons 762-768 why Anna is adorable

762. "Ring Around the Rosies" is one of Anna's new favorite songs. The first time we sang it repeatedly on Grandma and Grandpa Banks' trampoline, Anna sang "Ashley, Ashley" instead of "ashes, ashes."
763. Every time she has gas, she lets everyone within a 20 foot radius know by shouting "Oh, gas!" Sometimes she'll even motion toward the point of origin, in case some of us missed it. And sometimes, she'll play tricks on us. On occasion when she does have gas, she'll get a sneaky look on her face and say, "Mom gas?" I'll deny it and then she'll laugh and say, "Yeah, Anna gas."
764. Her pronunciation is quite good for a two-year-old, but some of her words are so cute that I avoid teaching her the real way t0 say them. Some examples:
cucumber = cummer
glove = glub (love this one)
bandaid = bandy (and this one)
probably = plobaly
Summertime = Sumtermine
765. She loves to say cheers, and she'll do it with anything: drinks, grapes, the carrots in our soup tonight. I have no idea where she learned this.
766. When someone around her burps or if she does it herself, Anna asks to clarify, "Say burp?" I love that it's something said. "Yes, I said burp. Burp."
767-768. These pictures I just ran across again in iPhoto are reason enough.

5 comments:

  1. I love the gas thing. I do have to say though that one of the first conversations I had with Trevor went very much like that. It makes sense that your daughter would follow the family trend. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way she says some of her words. Blake has a couple that I love...sandwich = (he says samurch), or we'll say hi partner and Blake will say hi ponker! So funny! She is so cute and I love the pigtails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to get off topic. You should vote yes on prop 8. http://erinmike.blogspot.com/
    My friend's blog here if you scroll down to "Protect Marriage" explains why. She even put in a video of Elder Bednar's question and answer session.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss you guys. the last i saw you folks anna wasn't really into the speaking mode.

    ReplyDelete