Monday, October 13, 2008

Annasaurus Rex returns... from Poland

A few weeks ago, just after we recently returned from Poland, my large family had a huge gathering. It seemed like there were millions of kids running around the house and Anna was pretty shy/terrified for the first hour or so. (We joked that it was probably because she wasn't used to so many people speaking English to her. That took some adjusting.)

But then she seemed to warm up a little after a while, enough to leave my side and go play with the cousins who are sort of close to her age. I was excited by this, knowing that she needed friends her age and, coincidentally, friends who spoke English (neither of which she had in Poland.)

And then, after she had been gone for a while, we saw this:



Actually, we heard it loooong before we saw what was going on, and I had trouble believing it was Anna. She kept it up for quite a while, long enough for me to get over the shock that this sound was being emitted by my normally calm daughter and long enough still for me to run for the camera.

But after a few surprised laughs from us all and a few more minutes of the madness, someone started to complain about how loud and shrill her scream was becoming. I told them to keep quiet because she was getting some much-needed social interaction. This far outweighed the temporary ring in our ears, to me. And if this is the only way my daughter can make friends, I'll take it.

4 comments:

  1. you have a weird child.

    that sound totally reminds me of the velociraptors in jurassic park in the kitchen scene. Ooooohh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poland has sure socially screwed your kid.

    I have become used to the ringing in the ears from screaming kids... Kind of. It's amazing how much I'm not phased by it at work, and how much it drives me up the wall at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's because the sound of the Dentist's Drill of Pain & Evil brings even jackhammers to their knees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Ash and Anna are currently on route to L.A. with their truckload of stuff. Just thought i'd give you an update. :)

    ReplyDelete