Monday, October 6, 2008

Ah, sisters.

(a picture from many moons ago)

So one night a couple weeks ago, my sister, Stephanie, got home from work and I was explaining where the food was for dinner, as my mom was gone and had left me in charge. After I directed her to the hamburger patties on the stove, I held up a bag of hamburger buns behind her and our exchange went a little something like this:

Me: "And here are some buns, if you want," [and then putting my hand to my backside] "or there are these, if you like. Either way."
Steph: "Oh yeah? Do they both taste good?"
Me: "Depends. Both are soft and white, so whatever suits your fancy."

I don't think you can get away with having a conversation like that with anyone besides a sister or an extremely close female friend. (Call me biased, but I don't think it would work with boys at all.) Anyway, this moment made me smile. I felt even luckier that I have TWO sisters I can be cheeky with.

6 comments:

  1. "two sisters I can be CHEEKY with" I love it! And knowing your love for word jokes I had to show my appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, that's great.

    so i noticed the caption to that photo. I was reminded: have you been victimized by any spontaneous "moons" lately?

    I also just remembered the spontaneous pantsings back in the day. What is up with us and bums? <-- not something i ever thought i'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayela, thank you! I do love word jokes. I'm so glad you appreciated it.

    Jen, yeah, Steph has kept herself (and her waistband) under control lately. But that doesn't mean her past moonings have been erased from my memory. Several still haunt me. And seriously... what IS it with us and bums? A good question indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And remember how, when mushed together in the back seat of the car, partial thigh overlap-age is acceptable but more than that, aka "open bum" is totally gross and against the law?

    ReplyDelete