Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A day at the park

I love spring! I love being able to go outside without putting Anna in an entire spacesuit of a snowsuit (does that even make sense?). I love that I don't have to wear a coat that I have to step into because the zipper's broken and that also has a giant hole in one of the pockets and a tear down one of the seams. I love the warmer weather and seeing the leaves starting to grow on the trees. It's a beautiful thing.

Here are a few pictures from our outing to the park yesterday.

Sadly, this is one of the things that Anna refers to as "playing." She LOVES to sit on the steps outside our apartment door and just sit. She'll sit down suddenly, as we're on our way down, and then she'll pat the space next to her so I know to come sit down too.

This is a picture of a smaller park on our way to a bigger park. The taller building on the left is our apartment building.

I love this picture because this is what Anna spends most of her time doing when we go outside. She greets everyone with a loud "Czesc! [Hi!]" and waves "Pa pa! [Bye bye!]" to them when we go. She yells it loudly so that EVERYONE hears. And she starts saying it the minute we walk out the door. I think it's amazingly smart of her that she knows to say her Polish words outside, where the people actually speak Polish.


My favorite of the day.

4 comments:

  1. Ash, no one said you had to wear raggedy coats in the wintertime. But i won't make fun any longer because i am distracted by those PIG TAILS!!! Aaaaaaaahhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i like to pretend that the word verification words i have to type in to leave a comment are Polish words. This one is yajgem. Sounds polish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that "PIG TAILS — they're hideous!" or "PIG TAILS — how adorable!"?

    P.S. "Yajgem" is Polish for "you're insane."

    ReplyDelete
  4. See? I knew it was Polish.

    Ash, of course i meant the pig tails are the cutest things i've ever seen. Are YOU insane?

    ReplyDelete