Sunday, April 27, 2008

Freiberg, here we come!

I'm going to be honest and say that I've never been more excited to go to the temple. We're going with the members in Poland on a 5-day trip to the Freiberg, Germany temple tomorrow, and I can't wait. It has been SO long since we've gone. I'm also really excited to "rough" it and make a week of it. We're all taking a bus to Freiberg where we'll stay at the temple "hotel," and then we'll start doing sessions on Tuesday. It's going to be such an adventure, especially with Anna in tow. But again, I'm super excited. I'm excited to go to the temple, I'm excited that it's going to be a mega-condensed temple week, and I'm uberexcited to hang out in Germany for a few days. I'm excited to have the experience others have when they don't live 15 minutes from a temple. What a blessing that was.

Anyway, to make sure you're fully updated with every detail of our lives, we'll be back in Poland on Friday, and then we pick up Mom and Dad Scoresby* in Warsaw on Saturday! Wahoo! We can't wait.

*The only picture of my parents that I could find, in a hurry, was one I stole off my sister's blog. Here they are, shown below in a strange photo where my dad is getting interviewed by Good Morning America when they were in New York a couple years ago. My mom is the woman in the green jacket, not the the one with the microphone. Ha.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for stealing my photos. I'm glad you used "uber" in this post. Very appropriate. And have a fun tiiiime!! Sounds like a crazy fun trip. Eat lots of weinerschnitzel and apfel schorla..however in the heck you spell it. German is weird. But wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun...that sounds like a great temple trip. Hey I'm going to be in Europe during June and July. Anthony and I are going as chaperone's. Sweet you should come see us....we are on a pretty tight schedule.
    But we should talk and see if it's even possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Grandma Afton Banks and I Grandpa Randy Banks are here looking at Anna's pictures. They are great and very informative. We love them. Great Grandpa Joe Banks is in Pennsylvania to a profession al ball game. grand sons Tyler and Josh Manning (shelly's boys) are there too selling security systems. Grandpa wil be home this evening.

    Love you lots and thanks for the pictures we love them !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trevor and Ashley!!
    Small world. I came across your blog on some friends from highschool's blog. Just thought I would say hello. You have a beautiful little girl and it looks like you are in Poland? Wow. That is crazy! We are living in Ohio while my husband is finishing dental school.. We just recently had our second child.. So, now we have a boy (Aiden-2 yrs. old) and Sofie (6 months). Anyways! Glad to see you are all doing well!

    Monica(welch)Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rene, that's awesome that you're going to be here this summer. What places are you going to see? We should totally meet up.

    And Monica, thanks for the comment. What a small, small world it is. It was good to hear from you. Stop by anytime. :D

    ReplyDelete