Friday, November 20, 2009

An interview with Anna

Here's how a conversation with my three-year-old went the other day:

Q. If you had a baby girl, what would you name her?
A. Sofa.
(This is especially funny because I have a niece named Sophie, so I'm pretty sure that's where Anna got this name—the idea for it, anyway.)
Q. How many kids are you going to have when you grow up?
A. So many.
Q. How many?
A. 25 girls and 26 boys.
Q. Whoa. 51 kids?! Where will you live?
A. In California with you.
Q. And you'll bring all your 51 kids?
A. Yes. Or maybe no.
Q. Wait, so you're going to leave your 51 kids and come live with me?
A. Yes.
Q. Where will your kids live?
A. In the high school. That will be their house.
Q. What are you going to be when you grow up?
A. A mom!
Q. That's a great job. Are you going to have another job too?
A. Yes.
Q. What will it be?
A. You.
Q. Me? I'm going to be your job? You're going to take care of me when I'm old and infirm?
A. Yes.
Q. As your job?
A. Yes.

Isn't she priceless?

4 comments:

  1. Conversations with 3-year-olds are the best! They just say the most random, funny things! And, of course, Anna excels at this. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! (Sandra)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna is pure preciousness. What a gem! I wonder if you can patent and market "Anna" at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Anza. You should have more dialogue posts.

    ReplyDelete