Wednesday, May 6, 2009

An L.A. Minute

Some time ago, both Trevor and I had separate yet stereotypical LA experiences within a few days of each other. It was too serendipitous to avoid writing about.

I had my first celebrity sighting. Remember Jan from The Office? Yes, I ran into Melora Hardin right in Glendale. But the best part is this: I saw her at ... drumroll please ... Jo-Ann Fabrics! Isn't that awesome? She was buying material for a quilt. Ah, when has Jo-Ann's ever let you down?

But Trevor, within a few days of my sighting, witnessed a robbery. Pretty great, huh? I'm not sure if I have all of the details right, but here's how I remember it. As he was walking to his car late one evening after school, he saw some guy walk out of another guy's garage with a table saw, or something. Trevor passed him on the sidewalk, and the thief said, "Hey, how's it going?" Trevor mumbled something in return and then waited until he was out of sight before he knocked on the door and alerted the guy who lived there to the fact that he was just robbed.

Anyway, I thought that was pretty amazing. A celebrity sighting and seeing a robbery take place, up close and personal. Thank you, LA!

2 comments:

  1. if only the robber had been a celebrity. that would have been the best.

    word verification: karings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops, that comment was left by me, jen, not Art. ohh, now my word is wednest. they just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete