Monday, November 17, 2008

On Broadway

So the before and after pics of our apartment aren't ready yet. The afters are proving to be rather elusive, but I'll be sure to post them once everything's in its place. To tide you over, I thought I would at least post some pictures of our cute building, which happens to be situated on Broadway Boulevard in Glendale. (I can't TELL you how long I've been waiting to use this title. Such a geek...)

Here's the building from one angle. (FYI, I stood in the parking lot of the Montessori school/Korean church that's next door to take this picture.)

And here it is from another. I know it's hard to see because of all of the trees, but they make things look pretty. Our door is straight ahead in the middle.

And here's our front door. Or, rather, our only door. I LOVE the pink-blossomed tree that frames the doorway. Isn't it beautiful? It makes me happy every time I walk in and out of our door. This picture also shows you more of the garden/courtyard area in the front, which is home to a lemon tree (cool) and a very tame squirrel.

I also like that I get to see palm trees around the city (they're still sort of exotic to me) and signs like this painted on the sidewalk:

2 comments:

  1. What a cute place! I love the pink blossoming tree too! I could really use one of those right now... seeing as everything in our yard is dead at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Glendale - it is one of the ciites I would live in if I had to live in Cali. It has a sense of charm to it I think...

    ReplyDelete