Sunday, September 7, 2008

One of the many reasons why Trevor is the best

A couple years ago, before Anna was even born, Trevor was at work one day and called me to tell me what had happened to his boss. It was his boss's birthday that day and her husband had totally forgotten. She was so incredibly sad about it and Trevor really felt for her. He called me to say that he could see himself forgetting my birthday one day, and he wanted to make this day a bonus birthday celebration to give him a buffer, of sorts, if such an atrocity ever occurred.

So that day he brought home balloons, birthday presents, flowers, and cake and we celebrated like it was 1999. It was so fun. He scored a multitude of points that day and I think there are even still some left over.

I don't know what made me think of this today, but it's such a good memory.

I [heart] Trevor.

6 comments:

  1. puts a grin on the chin. Trevor's the kind of guy who makes a standout memory in the life of everyone he gets to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The question is... has he had to use this buffer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating a birthday is always a good idea, even if it's not your birthday. That is very fun. I'm not sure anyone could ever forget my birthday because i will remind them repeatedly in the days and weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, good question. Luckily he hasn't ever had to use this buffer, but I will say that it has gotten a little weaker, the further away we get from the bonus birthday surprise. Maybe it's just time for another one... [emailing trevor now]

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, if you go into the "edit HTML" tab when composing a new entry, (I know, it's full of all sorts of scary not-english) and replace that "[heart]" with a "♥" you will get a little text-sized black heart.

    My nerdy side couldn't help pointing that out, for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I just noticed that apparently your comment box accepts HTML code. So what I meant to say was to replace that "[heart]" with a "&harts;" only make sure to spell hearts correctly. Also, you can do ♠, and ♣. And I think diamonds too, but I forgot how.

    ReplyDelete