Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update!

Trevor and I finally decided what to do with our lives once our time in Poland is over. We're flying back to the States on August 11th. Soon after that, we will move all of our stuff to Los Angeles, where Trevor will begin a master's program in film directing at the American Film Institute Conservatory.

While we're sad about leaving lots of good friends, good food, and fun memories in Poland, we're very excited about all of the new adventures coming our way. We'll obviously keep you updated on the trip home and the move and, well, probably everything else.

Also, I've never actually been to LA. Lots of other cities in California, but not LA. Anyone have any advice, humorous anecdotes, or fun things we should do there?

7 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you will be back so soon. In the process of "moving all of [your] stuff" I hope you'll stop and have dinner with us at least once...

    My advice for you is... don't drive on the freeway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA huh? From HollyLodz to Hollywood!

    My mother wanted me to send you her greetings. She still thinks very fondly of you all.

    Sincerely,,
    david J. Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, good luck with Film school. Yay you will be closer to me. We should meet in the middle and hang out, I bet our kids would like eachother.
    I'm not that experienced with L.A. (I try to avoid it if I can ;)
    There are some gorgeous beaches and obviously lots of entertainment. Not much different than San Diego. Like she said, don't drive on the freeway... if you plan to get somewhere on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in school Trevor. Have fun in LA. I've never been there, but I've been close. Are you going to live in LA proper, or in a suburb? It's exciting entering a new phase in life. I will look forward to your films. Isn't immigrating fun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, we drove through LA yesterday for a family reunion in Ventura and I thought of you. Do you already have a place to live? I was wondering if you would be interested in low-income apartments. We live in some and I bet I could help you find some up there. let me know if you want more info. flipflopgrl7@hotmail.com
    It is expensive to live in LA, but there are ways to avoid some of it if you know where to look.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So after living there for 3 years - the only advice I can think of is that your budget will be very different - for our one bedroom apt we paid 1,300, but were lucky since our friends were paying 1,850 for their one bedroom (per month)! So that is kind of lame - but it is a great place to live since there is so much to do all the time. I think everyone should live in LA at least once...it is hard to complain about traffic, cost of living, and natural disasters after living there :) I think you will like it although I sound a little bitter about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One time. Oh, one time I was in Los Angeles and I got puked on by a homeless person.
    Take that.

    ReplyDelete