Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kitchens of the World

So we took a trip to Manufaktura last night with our friend Kayela who is in town, and we wandered through a store in the mall called Kitchens of the World. It was so fun to see products that we haven't seen in a long, long time. Take hard taco shells, for instance, or Bull's Eye bbq sauce, lime juice, nasty frozen whole small fish, frozen snails, and a huge selection of Asian products that I have no idea how to use (but I'm glad to know they're there, all the same).

We also liked seeing the candy by the cash register: Now and Laters and O'Henry bars. Can you even get those in the States? Maybe Lodz is the last place that's even selling these treasures nowadays. If anyone needs to order some, I could be your supplier.

Anyway, the best part of all was seeing the bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup. I was especially intrigued by this, having recently made homemade chocolate sauce for 40 because I had no idea Hershey's had infiltrated Poland, and it turns out this bottle cost 30 zl, or about $13. I think I made a wise choice.

1 comment:

  1. 30 PLN for Hershey's syrup?

    I was sitting on goldmine and didn't know it.

    While I was in Lodz between september and February, a friend looked after my house and a bad smell developed so she cleaned out the fridge and found no fewer than seven mostly full bottles of the stuff. Seems when I get the rare sweet-tooth I buy everything I need for the moment then forget about it.

    Take care guys!

    Jackson

    ReplyDelete