Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cups

Anna has a pair of pink star sunglasses that she calls "cups." Do you know why? We try to get her to call them glasses, which she does sometimes, saying "glah glah." But then sometimes when we correct her and say, "No, these are glasses," she crinkles up her nose and says "Nooooo" like we're playing a trick on her. So funny.

Does this have anything to do with kitchen cups and glasses being similar? I don't know how that could make sense in her brain quite yet, but it's a pretty weird connection, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. That is weird. I'm reminded of a recent experience I had at the Met Foods where I asked a guy who works there if he knew where yellow rubber gloves were. I spoke slowly and clearly just in case he didn't speak much English, which he didn't.

    He then nodded and went to another worker and I asked that guy the same question. "Oh yeah, aisle 8" he said. I thanked him and the first guy offered to take me there. Aisle 8 was on the opposite end of the store and i usually end up there anyway before i check out. So i said "Oh, thank you. But i'll just shop here first and then i'll go..." tried to be as clear as I could. He nodded and then went away. I resumed my shopping and he returned a few minutes later with a bag of yellow cups. "Ohhh.. no.. GLOVES...but thank you." It's not really funny and I felt bad for the poor guy. But anyway, Anna's not the only one who's confused by cups. :)

    the end.

    ReplyDelete