Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Crush revisited

Anna asked me the other day what "romantic" meant. I told her sort of what romance was, and she said excitedly, "Kind of like how I have a crush on Blake!" (Blake is the boy from her preschool last year that she almost incessantly said she was in love with.)

Surprised, I said, "You still do, even though you haven't seen him for three months?" I hadn't even heard her talk about him for three months.

Then she said, "Hey, we all have our places in this world. He has his and I have mine."

She sounds like such a modern-day woman. I hope they can work out their long-distance, completely uninvolved relationship.

5 comments:

  1. ha ha, what the hey?? i don't even know what to say to this. she is a marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such mature and philosophical insight. Seriously. Is she for real? Do YOU talk like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha. No, I don't. That's why I post stuff about her all the time. I'm constantly caught off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! My kindergartener came home today and also had a discussion about having a "crush." And what it meant and everything. He was not quite as insightful though! But, this came so unexpected to me! Didn't see this one coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart Anna. Cracks me up. -Brooke S.

    ReplyDelete