Thursday, July 14, 2011

I feel like a little kid.


I saw this sign written on someone's car today and it made me so happy. Giddy, almost. However, I'll be honest and say that it took me a minute to figure out what it was. (Okay, so I haven't read the seventh Harry Potter book for a long time . . .) But when I DID figure it out, I may have let out a small squeal. And that was just the tip of the iceberg of excitement occurring in my brain. I may not be have-my-own-set-of-dress-robes fanatical, but I'm excited for the movie. It's just another moment to reverence the wonder that is J.K. Rowling. Here's to Saturday night!

When will you be seeing it? And if you're not planning to, how can you live with yourself?

5 comments:

  1. I think I just saw the last one in March or April. Sad.

    Hard to find a babysitter. A free one. Because movies cost like a hundred dollars now.

    So I imagine it will be about November when I see it. Which is tragic, but I will see it...eventually.

    Also, I was at stop sign on Tuesday and under the word STOP someone had taped a piece of paper with the word "Voldemort" written on it. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw it this morning (Friday, 15 July) at 6:00 a.m! We don't usually even TRY to see them close to premiere time, but for this final one, it seemed worth a little extra effort. I still like the books better, but the movies have improved. Let's face it, though, I think books are ALWAYS better than movies - at least *I* can't think of a counter-example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to say LOTR movies are better, for me, than the books. But maybe this is blaspheme.

    I'm seeing it Tuesday. I considered the midnight premiere but I'm 50 years too old for that. I do have a t-shirt though.

    Yeah, if you were to ask me, i'd say generally the movies are basically crap, but this is a downer and, as an HP lover, I try to be more forgiving. But the movies and the books are 2 completely different things for me. If i look at it that way, i am happier about it. I should probably blog about this. have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop Voldemort. I love it...

    I'm with you, Jen. The movies and books are two different things for me too. Of course the books are way better. But this movie was probably my most favorite of them all, which seems logical since this is the one everything else has been building up to, but I thought it was the most well done. And anytime I read one of the books or see one of the movies, I just have to stop and think of what a complete genius J.K. is.

    6 a.m. Sandra?! That is courageous. What a fun memory, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have a real Harry Potter cape and I bought Ginny Weasley's wand so you better believe that I'm dressing up to go to the movie.

    ReplyDelete