Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Annacdotes 11

Today's photos are brought to you by a trip up the canyon last week.  I love autumn.
1. Anna and I were doing a little Hot Lava scenario as we were walking/hopping down the hall to the bathroom. Once in the bathroom, I said, "Quick, get on the rugs to save yourself from the hot lava!" She then told me that the bathroom tile was not, in fact, hot lava — it was "ripe, boiling, rotten beehives." That blew mine out of the water.

2. A segment from a recent prayer: "Please bless Mom and Dad. Please bless everyone else on this earth. And even our cousins. Please bless even a single person on this earth. And please come visit us [quiet burp]. Amen."

3. When Anna has a sore throat, sometimes I make her some honey lemon tea. On one occasion, she had waited a bit too long to finish it and it was cold. On her way to the microwave, she said, "Mom, I need to warm my tea a little upper." I think she's on her way to making some excellent spoonerisms.

4. Out of the blue: "Mom, I'm glad my nickname is Annabelle and not Potty Hands."

NO idea where this came from.

5. Once upon a time, I got a baby doll probably the same year my older sister got an American Girl doll. After some quick research, I found out it is called a Bitty Baby. Huh. Who knew? Anyway, they had several to choose from and, back in the day, I chose this one:
The doll's outfit in this picture is way more updated and girly than the one I had. The outfit on mine was white and blue, which we all know means only boy. Anyway, Anna now plays with it and loves it. And she named it Jonath. If you make the mistake of referring to him as Jonathan, she will correct you.

Can you guess which gang sign she's making?



And I don't remember what happened to warrant this face, but I love it.

8 comments:

  1. What an imagination. I think you should start calling her Potty Hands. Just to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. i busted right up at [quiet burp]. Also love Potty Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew, so sorry. I can't believe I messed up my own cleverness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your annacdotes times. Will be fun to see you in December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would we DO without a little Anna Summertime in our lives? And thank you for chronicling her adventures and especially all the funny things she says! If I were her mom, no one but ME would ever have heard all those great quotes! Thank goodness you don't have the memory of a goldfish like I do! I love the caption about the gang sign! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, I had tears coming out of my eyes by the time I got to the [quiet burp]. We've had so many adorably funny prayers around here, I've had to learn to quietly gasp during prayers to suppress laughter, so as not to shatter burgeoning self confidence.
    Also, Tova says "upper", I think it's cute.

    ReplyDelete