Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Anna Oakley

On Monday night, the bishop invited us over so Anna could have a ride on one of his horses. She was beyond thrilled. In fact, the moment I even mentioned it, she insisted on wearing this old vest/chaps set my mom has and a brown cowboy hat and her boots. And who am I to deny her such style and such fun? She made a super cute cowgirl. Here she is riding Hoss.



He even taught her how to do some trick riding: "no hands" and this for a finale...

Backwards! I loved the evening and so did she. I also love that no matter how tough she looked with all of her gear and how good she was at saying "giddy-up," she still made a point to wear a string of pink beads to keep things real.

1 comment:

  1. a) That 3rd picture. All are cute but the 3rd one gets me. That face, the golden hair with the hat. The backwards sitting.

    b) are you kidding me? those CHAPS & VEST!! AAAAH i can't believe they are still around!

    love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete