Friday, August 20, 2010

Celebrity switcheroo

A while ago, there was some Facebook hubbub where everyone posted profile pictures of their celebrity lookalike. It was fun to see who people wished thought they looked like, and there were some true and surprising likenesses.

I didn't post a picture for a few reasons (mostly because I'm lazy when it comes to things like that). But also because I wasn't sure who to put. Although, one time (but one time only) a guy I knew in college told me I looked like Charlize Theron. Even though I'm not totally sold on the validity of this comment, I will still accept the compliment and claim her as my celebrity lookalike. I could do worse.

Anyway, after all the Facebook business, I was reminded of a funny conversation I once had with my sister where we threw a new twist on the celebrity doppelganger thing. She asked me what MALE celebrity looked most like me. After much thought, this is who I came up with:

Sean Astin (on the left)




See? He's fair-ish haired (normally) and round faced, too. And the curliness of the hair doesn't hurt. Along with my cute-as-a-hobbit daughter, it's a pretty good match, I'd say. What do you think? Are you convinced? Could I be Sam's understudy?

Ok, let's hear it. Who's your lookalike of a different gender?

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH! That is so funny! I will have to really think about my opposite gender doppleganger. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahaha. when i first read it, i thought "what is she thinking! no way!" then i saw the picture below and i started laughing so hard. what a great idea...your opposite gender doppleganger...gonna have to give that one some thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaaa, oh ash. So funny. I don't know why, because I fancy Sean Astin as a rather handsome dude. And he's so loyal. Don't you lose him, Samwise Gamgee! Anyway, funny stuff. I don't know who mine is. Shouldn't be hard since i look like a male 50% of the time anyway. I'll do some thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I noticed no one else was brave enough to put theirs up here... (or cared enough). Anyway, it's funny Jen that I just recently ran across an old email you sent out where you actually mentioned that you've been told you look like Rick Springfield. So there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just remembered something!

    http://curlysquared.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-celebrity-look-alikes.html

    From 2007. I didn't initially comment on this post because I don't think I look like anyone famous. However, I remembered that post (which is totally bogus, by the way) and it answered for me! Notice number 6? I look like Brendan Fraser! How sad.

    ReplyDelete