Monday, July 26, 2010

Will the real Ashley Banks please stand up?

So I often get random emails for at least two or three other Ashley Bankses in this world, all of whom apparently don't know their own email addresses. I get emails from their friends, pictures of strangers, all sorts of things. One Ashley Banks is from New Zealand, and I've actually corresponded with her parents, letting them know that I'm not their daughter and no, I won't be around to go sightseeing after my/her graduation. That was a couple years ago. Just this week, I found that she has made reservations at a New Zealand hotel for an upcoming trip. That should be fun for her. I feel like an unintentional stalker.

Another Ashley Banks was getting married in Florida a few months ago and it was super neat to get like five emails a day from various wedding event companies. Another is attending some community college classes in Texas and used my email address to register for her classes a few months ago. That was fun to get emails from her professor and stuff for several weeks about her math tests until we got it cleared up.

I think it is the last Ashley Banks that I have to thank for this recent email:

Dear Ms. Ashley Banks
You submitted a request for our online free high school program I would like to assist you ass soon as possible if you are no longer interested please call then number below and let me know. If indeed you are still interested please provide me with a contact number which you can be reached. There is a time period sensitivity that may not make you qualified to attend if you fail to wait too long.


Thank You

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this isn't spam because the email address looks totally legit. It's so unfortunate. There are all sorts of problems with this email, pretty much one in every sentence, but my favorite is the unnecessary cussing and the subject, which reads:

"K— Academy Free Omline High School"

OMLINE? Really? I didn't put the name of the "academy" because I didn't want them to be too embarrassed.

Anyway, this made me laugh. And I might have to track down my namesake and urge her to reconsider her decision to go with K— Academy, as they might not be the best ones to look to for her education needs.

7 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I wish someone else shared my name so I could receive fun/funny emails. Well I guess that is what I get with a name like Rene....no one has it. Bummer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is "if you fail to wait too long." It makes my head spin to try to figure out what exactly that would mean!

    BTW, I was out of town when you posted your "thoughts from the park" post, so I didn't read it until today - but it is one of my all-time favorites! It was like a chapter in a really good book! I think I need you to write a book! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about "if you fail to wait too long." That's just good stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding, about the "if you fail to wait too long" bit! I love it. Add that to "a time period sensitivity that may not make you qualified." What? Will I be disqualified or not? So crazy...but funny.

    And thanks, Sandra, for your kind words about the park post. You'll be one of the first to receive my book, whenever I decide to write it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Academy Free Omelette ass you can plainly discern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley you are a breath of fresh air- you are so funny! I forgot how witty you can be.

    ReplyDelete