Friday, April 30, 2010

Annacdotes, Part 9

1. Two of my favorite verb variations Anna uses on a regular basis: "I went gas" and, when talking about killing a bad guy, "Let's get him dead."

2. Speaking of someone getting dead, when Anna was saying her prayers the other night, here's what she said: "Please help Dad to drive home safely. And please help him to not get dead by a shark. And please help him to go fishing but to come back without anything." It was such a good prayer.

3. Speaking of prayers, she regularly prays that her wishes will come true. That'll work, right? She also says every night in her prayers that she wants to be a "beautiful mermaid ice skater dancer ballerina." Maybe I should talk to her about that...

4. Words she's using that make me smile: moment ("I need to rest for a moment on the couch." or "I will play with my horse for a moment before I go to sleep." Really. That's verbatim.), extremely, dramatic, and proper accessories (which I think we can probably safely trace back to Fancy Nancy, or something similar). Also, I was telling her what a commercial was the other day and a few minutes later she told me she had more questions about "advertisements." What? When did she hear that word and when did she put that together?

5. A direct quote: "I can't walk anymore because my legs are out of breath."

6. Her new favorite food? Capers. Add that to the list of Unusual Foods For A 3 Year Old To Like, which, if you'll remember, also includes beets, pickles, pickled green beans, straight butter (cringe—she gets this from her mother, who may or may not have liked to eat it straight when she was young), and salt (I've caught her licking the salt shaker more than once—double cringe).

6 comments:

  1. Loved all of it. Licking salt shakers runs in my family. When our son is bothering our daugther she'll say, "Blade is making me rude!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 5 year old niece asked her father (my brother) "When will Heavenly Father answer my prayers?" He was concerned for her childlike faith and inquired as to what she had been asking. "Each night I pray that I'll wake up and there will be unicorns and fairies and magic. But every morning they aren't there."

    Melted my heart. Hopefully her faith survives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How we love this girl! She is amazing! When I was in my garden the other day, I saw my rhubarb plant and it reminded me of Anna chonking on a piece of rhubarb while wearing her "pioneer" outfit. (Was it last summer?) So funny! I like rhubarb - but not just straight out of the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey that's a cute picture of you two. you both look so dapper. I like reading your posts about your kid because you make them interesting to the readers who have never met your child. Other people write dumb things such as "Brian is in the 84th percentile and we think he may be going bald. Sometimes he cries at night." What to be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for the fun comments, guys. Anna really is a treasure. I take only partial credit (for writing these things down and for giving birth to her), but it's not a difficult job when cuteness and cleverness oozes right out of her.

    And thanks, Brit. Your 84th percentile comment made me laugh. My ultimate goal in writing about Anna is to make it interesting, so thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha. she is so her parents' daughter. what fun!

    ReplyDelete