Thursday, April 2, 2009

Weird stuff

One of the great mysteries of my life has been this: Don't you find it incredibly weird that there are parts of your own body that you've never seen? Yes, organs and bones to be sure. But there are even parts of my own back that my eyes have never looked at. My own back! I feel like I have a right to know what my own back looks like, but I've never been able to take a really good look at it in all my 27 years.

And you know what else is weird? Tin foil. Isn't it strange that there are companies that manufacture small rolls of extremely thin pieces of metal, and then we buy the rolls at the store and use it to cover food and other things? A thin piece of metal? That's so strange to me.

4 comments:

  1. I like this post and another weird thing is that tin foil, if not recycled and reused will sit in a landfill for 700 years before decomposing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite episodes of "How It's Made" showed how they make aluminum foil. It was amazing! I had never thought about it - one of the many things that I totally take for granted! Then I started wondering about the person who invented the huge machine that takes these gigantic blocks of aluminum and turns them into paper-thin foil! Bizarre!

    BTW, are you still in Utah or back in La La Land?
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you think ash, it makes me laugh, and yes, realize that i too have been missing out all this time (that darn back)
    and tin foil, don't get me started!
    just kidding, i think it's a great invention, but right, why metal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I'd just like to mention that it's been 24 days now, since you last posted. Too long? Much. Please work on that.

    ReplyDelete