Saturday, December 15, 2007

A quick look at our journey to Poland

Here are some random photos to document our journey to Poland and stuff we've seen since we've been here.

at the JFK airport before we left in September
a cute street in Warsaw
bathing tiny Anna in the even tinier sink in our hotel room in Warsaw
a cool street in Wroclaw

my babies sleeping on the train (This was on the way back to Warsaw after our 15 hour flight to Poland and a 3-hour train ride to Lodz. We did this over night and into the next day with basically no sleep for anyone.)

this is the inside of a huge church made entirely of wood, no metal nails or anything

on the train again

this is what it looks like when we get bundled up to go outside (please notice Trevor's leather jacket that he got at a used clothes store for about $2)

6 comments:

  1. Hurray! I love the pictures! I feel honored to be invited to view your blog. Blogs are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an adventure! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures. I think I even see Anna's brown boots! I now understand what "Blogs" are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to say something about that "cute street" in Warsaw. The name is Nowy Swiat and it has quite the important history in Poland (Uprisings, Rebellions, Governments being reestablished) hence the title "New World." That is also a big reason why the fact that the Church's first stronghold after the war was on that street is such a big asset and it's a landmark. It is still one of only three locations owned by the church in the entire country. I hope that didn't bore.

    But the picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My one experience on a Polish train was nothing like yours. Found a blood-stained (or something equally gross) butcher's knife in my blanket and pillow set on my couchette. I assumed that everyone got one--as a way to say "Thanks for riding the friendly trains and welcome to Poland." Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, that's awesome. A little souvenir to bring home to the fam.

    ReplyDelete