Sunday, September 30, 2012

Annacdotes 24

Anna told me she chose this outfit because she knew the colors and the two patterns would make it look kind of wild and crazy. Such a good reason.

1. Anna was cold one morning while I was fixing her hair, so I grabbed a blanket for her. While I wrapped it around her, she looked up at me and said, "You're heavenly to have around."

2. In a very solemn voice, Anna said in a prayer in Primary, "Please, please help all of us . . .  including the teachers . . . to be kind." A subtle message.

3. I think in that same prayer, she said, "Help our holy sabbath day to be . . . " and then she paused because she already said 'holy,' so she finished it with " . . . great and even awesome."

4. Whenever I wear my white jeans or a belt on the outside of a shirt, Anna gets super excited and says I look like a rock star. She's not a bad one to have around.

first day of 1st grade

5. When a friend of Anna's talked about someone she didn't like, Anna said, "You still have to be nice because we're all God's children."

6. After walking around the zoo for a while on a very warm day, I asked Anna if she needed a drink of water. She paused for a moment, put her hand on her chest, and said, "Well bless my heart, I don't know."

7. Anna has decided that my new nickname is Smoked Gouda.

8. How Anna describes being tired: having a lazy head.

9. After the first day of school, Anna came home and told me about a game they played called Farmer Sam in "K.P."

"K.P.?" I asked. "You mean, P.E.?"

"No, K.P.," she said. "Wait, no. It was E.P."

"I think you mean P.E."

She remained unconvinced.

On a hike up to Bridal Veil Falls. I'm glad she purposefully picked out some pearls to wear for the occasion.

10. She has decided, and is not budging, to be a bird for Halloween—a bird that's half peacock and half phoenix. I've also heard talk about throwing "part swan" in there too. She is convinced I can make an amazing costume, so ... I'll let you know how that turns out.


6 comments:

  1. Lance says he can't wait to see you again so he can call you Smoked Gouda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. It may take me a minute to respond, but he should keep at it. This nickname is worth trying to make it stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KP? Is farmer sam code for "dishes?" If you didnt enroll her in a military academy you might want to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless my heart, I love this. She is such a treasz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. i can't believe you've done 24 annacdotes. good mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 24 IS pretty crazy. And I always have two or three lists in the queue that are already completed. She gives me a LOT of material.

    ReplyDelete