Friday, March 19, 2010

Annacdotes, Part 8

1. Surprising things that Anna loves to eat: beets (pickled or otherwise), pickled green beans, any kind of pickle (is there a trend here?), pistachios, and maple nut candies. (Just kidding about that last one, but don't the others seem like such old-people foods?) She also loves lemons, in any form really, but most surprising is her desire for raw, unadulterated lemons. She'll request a slice, suck on it for a bit, scrunch up her face and say, "that's TART!" and then go in for more.

2. Surprising things that usually-not-picky Anna refuses to eat: pineapple, avocados, and potatoes. Potatoes are hit and miss with her, some days she'll eat them and some days she won't, but isn't this a weird food to not like? They seem so mild to me, almost like they don't have a taste.

3. The other night, in attempt to delay going to sleep, Anna told me she wanted to "discuss" something. (She really said "discuss.") Here's how the conversation went.

Anna: Mom, tell me what you know about duck food.
Me: Well... uh... I think ducks sometimes like to eat bread. People sometimes take old bread to the park to feed to them.
Anna: Well, do they like peaches?
Me: Uh... peaches? I don't know. Maybe.
Anna: (decidedly) I think they like peaches.
Me: (Laughing)
Anna: And ham. They really like peaches and ham. Together!
Me: (Laughing)
Anna: (in somewhat of a pout) Well, I like peaches and ham...

4. Anna was sitting on my lap while I finished reading some emails. She was pretty quiet until I heard her say, "I smell something funny." A minute later, she said, "It's something bad." Another minute later, she said, "I think it's you." I said, "Nuh-uh! I just took a shower!" I hate getting lured into junior-high-like conversations with my 3-year-old daughter.

5. She told me the other day that she wanted to change her name to "Appropriate." Consider it done.

6. I showed her a picture of Noah and the ark the other day and started teaching her the story about it. After I pointed to Noah and said, "This man was a prophet a long time ago," she stopped me and said, "Mom, I don't need to be teached. That's Noah. And the ark. And the animals." I can't get over how precocious she seems to be, and yet apparently she DOES still need to be teached about grammar.

6 comments:

  1. yay for more Annacdotes! I think maybe our secret names could be included in some of these one day? If you need a refresher, the only ones I can remember were mine (Button) Garrett's (Bird) Joshua's (Nest) and my dad's (pinecone).

    Anyway, it was LOVELY to see you two the other night, I hope Anna enjoyed her time at the "Brooklyns"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You must get lots of laughs in a day with that one around!
    Maili my 4 year old loves pure lemons and pickles too! Weird girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm... what is up with these faces she's making? Honestly, this girl...

    ALERT: word verification is a real word! SCENT. nice try, blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha. love it! she's so funny... just like her parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cookie shoot turned out a grand success.

    ReplyDelete