Friday, December 11, 2009

Pretty cookies

This is what Anna and I made today — or what's left of them, anyway. I had eaten halfway through the green cookie at the bottom when I realized I should take a picture of the cookies before they disappear because the colors are just so pretty.

We had already eaten most of the cookies Anna decorated, so don't go thinking that she frosted any of these because she didn't. She's just not that good. Actually, she did frost the giant tree on the left and then proceeded to pile it with a 2-inch-high glob of white frosting, so the "snowy swirl" look is how I saved it. Was I an intrusive, meddling mother? Maybe, but just for a minute and over one cookie. But did I want it to look edible and get eaten? Yes.

Anyway, I'm here to tell you that frosting cookies is the perfect recipe for instant Christmas cheer. Happy Holidays, folks!

3 comments:

  1. Those sure are pretty cookies, Ash. Well, I support your "intrusion." You wouldn't have to step in and fix it if Anna didn't do such a sloppy job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do that...but I'm afraid I'll eat them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how jerky my comment is.

    ReplyDelete