Monday, December 1, 2008

Things commonly heard coming from this little girl:

(I know she's fuzzy, but she's cute.)


1. "Sorry, honey." "Oh, excuse me, honey." (I guess that just shows you how much I call her honey, but it's super cute coming from a 2 year old. The more frequently she assumes the role of Old Lady Anna, the better.)
2. "Washcloff"
3. "Lesterday"
4. "Please I want some more broccoli please, Mom, please." (This is what she says after she has already said "Get me some more broccoli" and I tell her to ask nicely. I don't know how we got the angel child that LOVES broccoli, but she really does. She could eat a cupful every day.)
5. "Me does it." (Translation: "I do it." I love to see how she's learning conjugation and tenses and all of that fun vocabulary development, but this one is just WAY off.)
6. "That feels tickle."
7. To be sung: "A sunbeep, a sunbeep, Jesus wants me for a sunbeep."
8. "Louder 'Rosies.'" Anna loves to sing songs with us, and she most often requests "Ring Around the Rosies" and does so by ordering us to sing it louder. Every time. Also, at her urging, we ALWAYS sing these five songs — in order — before bedtime: "Ring Around the Rosies," "You are My Sunshine," "I am a Child of God" (which she calls "Of God" = cute), "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and the ABCs. Sometimes "My Bonny Lies Over the Ocean" gets thrown into the mix as well. She's such a creature of habit. Or she's 2. Either one.
9. So this one isn't something we hear often since we only heard it once (how's that?), but it was too good to not post. Trevor was reading to Anna and they came across a picture of a cow. Trevor pointed to the udder and asked, "What's this?" Anna said, "A pig's body." Not too bad, if you ask me.


This picture is seriously making me laugh out loud.

4 comments:

  1. she's funny. I laughed at the last picture, too. Can't you teach her to read yet? Poor thing. She'll be made fun of at school if she can't open books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus wants me for a sunbeep--a standard in any LDS nursery. I love how kids talk sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, anna...you are too cute. i love that you are writing all these things down ash, you will forget them if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to steal her one of these days.

    ReplyDelete